Friday, July 9, 2010

Diary...

 Well, I got another mail from my friend,  this mail talking about writing diary. Actually, I used to write diary everyday... wrote about my life experience - (activities, something happened in my life  etc.,) more than ten years. First time, 1997, I started write it in "a Diary book" and used Khmer language. When I came to study in Thai, I continue wrote in Thai language and after I had my own laptop I changed to write it in my computer and sometime wrote in space, blog or face book. However, sometime I found that it was very hard to shared everything about my life. Therefore, writing diary in your diary book or in your computer is safety than in blog :) in my point of views, if we write some information or some positive ideas - (that you feel safety in your life) in the blog is the best thing, especially sharing about our education or how to improve our life. So, should we write and share our opinion or knowledge in our blog, thats right???


Well ok, forget my rubbish thinking..! and now read some ideas from my friend at bellow: 

 
"Why Diary?

A diary is a personal journal written for the benefit of our memory of events or thoughts of the old days. These days many people make their diary public so that other people can read, enjoy or learn something from it. It is a kind of sharing their thoughts, events or lessons they have learnet in their lives. At the same time, the writers can also learn from people’s comments made on their public journals.

Writing a public diary can benefit us in many ways. On the one hand, such a kind of writing is a course of training on its own, as writing for other readers requires more explanation than writing just for oneself. We can learn to explain our ideas as well as to relate the events, accompanied with our own thoughts or lessons acquired each day. Writing a diary or personal journal is more relaxing than writing an academic essay. Yet it demands a thought of conclusion in the same way as academic essay does. In this way, we learn to conclude our own thoughts in a more relaxed situation. This will finally improve our overall writing skills. On the other hand, we may learn even more from readers’ comments, encouragement or suggestions made on our diary.

Not only for communication purposes, writing a diary also helps us to understand ourselves more, as we need to have a clear idea in mind before explaining it to others.

In general, a diary should witness our moments of happiness, being a concrete evidence of joy that we can pick up to read again and again in order to be cheerful. However, in case of some ‘not good things’ filling our days, we may still benefit from writing a diary. In such situation, it may be better to avoid explaining the event in detail. Just relate the event briefly, without touching on the bad memory, in order to go further to the lessons or dhamma learned from the event or to the dhamma we employed in order to encourage ourselves to continue doing good deeds.

By doing good things and sharing the good thoughts or lessons, we are making this world beautiful with the good".



Thank you for your mail.
@072

No comments:

Post a Comment